Any uncomfortable eyes are best looked at by a professional. Any persistent reduction in vision, redness or light sensitivity should not be ignored & medical opinion sought as soon as possible.
Blepharitis is a persistent (chronic) condition where eyelids become inflamed, itchy red eyes, with crusty flaky lid margins. Most commonly caused by staphylococcal bacterial infection around the bases of the eyelashes.The inflammation and crusts prevent oily secretions from the lids flowing into the tears. Poor tear quality is the major cause of dry eyes
- Dry eye drops and gels relieve itchy sore eyes
- Omega supplements improve quality of oily secretions
- Heat treatments, including masks & goggles, work by warming the secretions of the meibomian (lid) glands turning it from a buttery consistency to oily
- Gentle lid massage particularly after heat treatments, helps to release meibum
- Improvements in lid hygiene, including impregnated wipes, gels and solutions
There are no products matching the selection.
- Topical antibiotics and/or oral antibiotics maybe helpful in severe cases
- Topical treatment of associated eczema
MGD is the inadequate release of meibum (oily secretions from the eye lid margins) and often leads to disorders such as dry eye, blepharitis, sties and chalazia. It may be a precursor to, or result of lid inflammation, leading to poor quality tears and dry eye syndrome